Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Old scars and New realizations

Yesterday, a particular conversation lead me to tears. Not just one or two, not even a good 5 minute cry, I cried for a good 20 minutes. I was just really hurt, and I felt it in my heart. It was like as if something was scratching, deep into my heart on top of old scars. It made me realize that I have a lot of scars and pain from this person that I haven't realized until yesterday. This pain also made me realize that I believe in a God that, if I let him, he can come into my heart and heal those scars and relieve those pains. There is a song by Tenth Avenue North called Hold my Heart and I feel that the song really is cry from heart out to God. Come close and hold my heart. The relief and comfort from saying those words to a comforting and compassionate God is indescribable. God is so great and so good, and its just amazing to think that he wants to heal me. ME!! Who am I, ya know? I sin just like everyone else, and I know that I can give more of myself to God but even still he wants me to feel his comfort and to know his strength. God is just so so so so so good!! Amen!

1 comment: